- We stock everything for Hiniker spray and NH3 systems.
- We have a good selection of used inventory.
- We can test your controller, servo, flow meter, and heat exchanger while you wait.
- We have an exchange program on controllers to keep you running.
- We stock parts to repair flow meters, heat exchangers, and servos.
- We have used cables and can repair cables.
- Custom cable solutions available.
- 3 section GPS VRA compatible automatic rate controller.
- Designed to easily replace an existing SC, 8100, or 8150 controller. Uses same cabling and servo.
For discontinued Hiniker products, please go to the Hiniker Support page.
Servos / Control Valves
Variable Orifice Distributor (VOD) Servo Manifold
Hiniker Company recently introduced a new VOD Variable Orifice Distributor for anhydrous ammonia application rate control. The 17 port VOD controls anhydrous flow by simultaneously varying the orifice opening at all 17 distribution ports, maintaining pressure all the way to the distribution point.
A typical NH3 rate control system uses a ball valve or butterfly valve to regulate flow prior to the point of distribution. The pressure drop created at the outlet of the pressure valve can allow anhydrous ammonia to flash into a vapor, creating an erratic mix of liquid and vapor. This varying mixture then flows to a manifold for distribution to each knife. The Hiniker VOD system eliminates the pressure reducing ball or butterfly valve from the process. The result is near tank pressure with a liquid state maintained all the way to the point of distribution, allowing more consistent distribution and superior knife-to-knife accuracy, all without the need for a pressure pump.
The Hiniker VOD includes 17 outlet ports—unused ports can be blocked off for use with smaller applicators. It is pre-wired to connect to the Hiniker 8160 controller system. Interface cables are available to connect to Raven, GreenStar, Ag Leader and various other control systems.
- The HM860 is a precision stainless steel general purpose flow meter with 1-1/4" NPT.
- It is recommended for herbicides, insecticides, liquid fertilizer and anhydrous ammonia.
- The operating range is 3 to 70 gallons per minute. Maximum pressure is 400 psi.
Anhydrous Ammonia Knife Monitor
The Hiniker Nitro-Lert anhydrous ammonia knife monitor system alerts operators to individual blocked manifold outlets, lines or knives. In-line sensors for each outlet monitor for flow variations and alert the operator to potential problems.
A user-friendly in-cab monitor panel displays the status of up to 80 individual outlets. If a malfunction is detected, an audible alarm is sounded and the display indicates which line is blocked. The operator then has the choice of correcting or ignoring the problem.
The Nitro-Lert system works independently of any other monitor or rate control systems that may be installed. Factory-issued installation guidelines should be followed to assure optimum performance with your particular set-up.
Typical problems identified by Nitro-Lert users include:
- Nitro-Lert detected a plugged knife that occurred when the operator turned off the flow to one section of the applicator. When the section was turned back on, one of the knives had plugged with dirt, blocking flow and triggering a Nitro-Lert notification.
- Broken knives. Nitro-Lert detected a variation in flow through the broken knife and alerted the operator to the problem.
- Nitro-Lert detected partial blockage caused by welding slag that was left in the knife tubes during the manufacturing process.
With a Nitro-Lert system you'll detect problems as they occur, while they can be corrected!